Update Time

Hello, everyone! Time for a life update:

I have finished my 6th chemo and I go in for my 7th this Thursday. This means that I am over HALF WAY! I am so thankful for everyone's thoughts and prayers. Throughout this process they have really meant everything to me. After my last chemo, I felt fantastic. I was tired the day of, but since then, I have had hardly any side effects, except some dry mouth and very little nausea and headaches. So good, in fact, that I was able to attend a behind the scenes tour of College GameDay at JMU the day after chemo! This was a miracle, because usually I do not feel very good the day after chemo, but I felt great all day.

I had such an amazing time at College GameDay. I was nominated by the Breeze, the school newspaper I work for, to do a behind the scenes tour with Maria Taylor since I can't be around crowds because of my white blood cell counts. My dad and I were able to follow Maria and Reva, the woman who runs the social media accounts, around all day. This was a great opportunity to see the process of taping "College Football Live!" and get a behind the scenes look of how the anchors and staff prepare for the show. I am so thankful for this opportunity. Everyone from ESPN was so nice and made me feel so special. Here are some pictures from our fun day! (I was the shortie of the group, if you can't tell ðŸ˜Š):











Some updates on my health:

My taste has changed some during my treatment. Water tastes terrible to me for some reason, I think it may be because it reminds me of the taste of the saline solution they flush my PICC line with. I've found that tea tastes the best to me, and I am addicted to bread. Other than the day of and the day after chemo, I haven't lost my appetite at all and there's not really anything I won't eat anymore.  

I've really enjoyed walking for exercise, and will walk around the block most days out of the week. This really helps with my back pain and keeps me from just sitting stagnant in my house all the time. It is also finally getting cooler outside, so I am loving walking in this nice Fall weather ðŸ˜Š

Although my hair is still super thin, it is starting to get longer. My eyebrows are falling out at a pretty rapid rate though, so thank goodness for eyebrow pencils. I've become pretty good at makeup and I even find it to be therapeutic to sit and put it on in the mornings. I used to love to fix my hair, but since I lost it, makeup has been a great outlet to express myself. 

After my 8th chemo, I am scheduled to go in for another PET scan where we will figure out when/how we will finish out treatment. I am so thankful for everyone at my oncology office, they put a smile on my face every time I come and they have taken such good care of me. Special shoutout to my nurse, Jen, for being awesome ðŸ˜Š :

Thank you again for all of your prayers! I want to leave you with a verse I've been loving lately:

"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart," - Psalm 91:4

Comments

  1. Always enjoy your updates. Thankful you are doing so well. See you very soon. We love you. Poppop and Granny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Well.... I Have Cancer - Beginning of Symptoms to Now (Long post alert)

Learning Makeup, Head Shaving Party, and More!

My Tumor Shrunk!!