PET Scan Results and Number 9


Hello, everyone! I hope y’all had a great Thanksgiving! I just thought I would fill y’all in on what’s been going on in my life lately. To be honest, I really didn’t feel like writing this today, but I wanted to give an update so this will probably be short and sweet. Last week, I got the results of my PET scan, and while the tumor is still shrinking, it is still hard to tell what is cancer and what isn’t. That being said, we will not be removing a chemo drug and I will have to get another PET scan 3 weeks after my final  treatment to make sure everything is gone. This means that after the final treatment, there is still a chance that I may not be done. If there is any growth at all or anything that seems off, they will want to biopsy it and possibly do a STEM cell transplant. While there is also a good chance that I will be done after 3 more chemo treatments (this is what I am hoping and praying for) I will be 3 weeks into my Spring semester at JMU before I know for sure. So please continue to pray that this tumor goes away completely, and that I won’t have to have a STEM cell transplant. My doctor said that if this were my final PET scan that we saw last week, he wouldn’t even know what to biopsy, so as long as nothing grows from here on out, we should be good.

I had treatment number 9 on Friday, which went extremely well! I slept all day after treatment, but the next day I was distracted playing video games with my brother and boyfriend all day which is exactly what I needed.

I debated on even sharing all of this with y’all, because I didn’t want to put the negative thoughts out there. I decided that it was important though because this way y’all will know specifically what to pray for and maybe I can help someone going through the same thing. I continue to put my faith and trust in the Lord, and I know that he has my best interest at heart. I appreciate all of your prayers and support during this time, I could not do this without you all!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Well.... I Have Cancer - Beginning of Symptoms to Now (Long post alert)

My Tumor Shrunk!!

Learning Makeup, Head Shaving Party, and More!