‘Twas the Night Before Chemo

Hello, everyone!


As many of you probably know, I start the next phase of my cancer journey tomorrow. I was diagnosed with a very rare type of Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma called Primary Mediastinal B Cell Lymphoma. I will be going through 3 rounds of chemo starting tomorrow, which will consist of 4 days of chemo in a row and 3 weeks in between each round. After chemo is complete, I will be getting a stem cell transplant at VCU where I will go through more intensive chemo and they will take all of my stem cells out of my bone marrow, clean them, and put them back in. This will be a 3 week process in the hospital and then I will have to stay in Richmond for 3 weeks after that. I have so many feelings going through my head right now, so I thought I would recreate one of my favorite Christmas stories! 😂😊
Thank you again for all of your support and please keep the prayers coming!

‘Twas the Night Before Chemo

‘Twas the night before chemo and all through my head,
Are thoughts of anxiety, frustration and dread.

My cancer’s still here and I hate that it’s true,
Because I should be enjoying the fact that I’m 22.

I feel like a pin cushion and my body is bruised,
I have to face head on a disease and lifestyle that I didn’t choose.

For months to come I know I will feel,
Body aches, nausea, and no cravings for meals.

My hair that has finally been growing back in,
Will all fall out and I will be bald again.

I don’t mean to complain about what’s to come,
But everyone deserves to feel scared and glum.

God please get me through this and help me to know,
That you will heal me and my faith in you will grow.

Lord give me the strength to continue this fight,
And keep my eyes on the future and please make it bright. 

So let’s kick this cancer as hard as we can,
And continue to trust that God has a plan.

Comments

  1. Jesus loves you! Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

    Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Well.... I Have Cancer - Beginning of Symptoms to Now (Long post alert)

Learning Makeup, Head Shaving Party, and More!

My Tumor Shrunk!!